NeuroRTI’s Certification in Neurologic Clinical Practice is a 7-month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education designed to advance the physical therapist’s preparation as a provider of patient care services in neurologic physical therapy. For PT’s interested in Residency but unable to find a mentor, certification is another path to preparation for the NCS exam.
An intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive hands-on courses. Use certification credit hours toward a NeuroRTI Residency and/or DPT, should you decide to pursue later. Complete course work when it is convenient for you.
NeuroRecovery Training Institute’s Certification in Neurological Clinical Practice is designed so that graduates will:
- Become highly skilled, autonomous practitioners who have substantially increased their ability to provide care to a full spectrum of patients with neurologic injuries or conditions.
- Begin preparation for the NCS exam.
- Gain a strong base of knowledge of evidence-based practice and preventative and rehabilitative neurologic therapy techniques.
The curricula mirrors the Residency/DPT Programs but eliminates redundancy in course work that may have been completed in an entry-level program.
Foundations of Neurologic Clinical Practice
- NRTI 6310 – Applied Neuro Anatomy
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Physical Therapy Practice
Neurologic Rehab Interventions
- NRTI 6139 – Manual Therapy for Neurologic Patients*
- NRTI 6119, 6129 – Advanced Gait Assessment/Orthotics, Motor Learning/ Motor Control, Neuroplasticity*
*Includes a 2-day onsite lab intensive
Diagnosis Specific Curriculum
- NRTI 6210 – Management of Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- NRTI 6110 – Management of Acquired Brain Injury
- NRTI 6120 – Management of Other Neurologic Disorders