NeuroRTI’s Certification in Neurologic Clinical Practice is a 7-month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education designed to advance the physical therapist’s preparation as a provider of patient care services in neurologic physical therapy. For PT’s interested in Residency but unable to find a mentor, certification is another path to preparation for the NCS exam.
An intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive hands-on courses. Use certification credit hours toward a NeuroRTI Residency and/or DPT, should you decide to pursue later. Complete course work when it is convenient for you.
NeuroRecovery Training Institute’s Certification in Neurological Clinical Practice is designed so that graduates will:
- Become highly skilled, autonomous practitioners who have substantially increased their ability to provide care to a full spectrum of patients with neurologic injuries or conditions.
- Begin preparation for the NCS exam.
- Gain a strong base of knowledge of evidence-based practice and preventative and rehabilitative neurologic therapy techniques.
- NRTI 6310 Applied Neuro Anatomy
- EBP 6100 Evidence-based Practice
- NRTI 6139 Manual Therapy Interventions for Neurologic Patients*
- NRTI 6129 Advanced Gait Assessment & Orthotics
- NRTI 6119 Motor Learning/ Motor Control & Neuroplasticity*
- NRTI 6210 Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- NRTI 6110 Acquired Brain Injury
- NRTI 6120 Other Neurologic Disorders
- NRTI 6130 Topics in Neurological Rehab
*Includes a 2-day onsite lab intensive