NeuroRTI’s Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency is a 13-15 month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education for physical therapists designed to advance the physical therapist resident’s preparation as a provider of patient care services in neurologic physical therapy.
An intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a combination of distance learning, on-line courses, virtual rounds and weekend intensive hands-on courses and clinical practice hours (including one-on-one mentor hours).
- Grow as practitioners skilled in neurologic physical therapy.
- Become highly-skilled, autonomous practitioners who have substantially increased their ability to provide care to a full spectrum of patients with neurologic injuries or conditions.
- Gain a strong base of knowledge of evidence-based practice and preventative and rehabilitative neurologic therapy techniques.
- EBP 6100 Evidence-based Practice
- NRTI 6310 Applied Neuro Anatomy
- NRTI 6230 Neurological Imaging
- NRTI 6240 Pharmacology for the Neurological Patient*
- NRTI 6220 Medical Screening for the Neurologic Patient
Neurologic Rehab Interventions
- NRTI 6139 Manual Therapy Interventions for the Neurologic Patient*
- NRTI 6119 Motor Learning/Motor Control and Neuroplasticity*
- NRTI 6129 Advanced Pathological Gait Assessment and Orthotics
- NRTI 6149 Wheelchair Seating and Assistive Technology/Electrical Stimulation*
- NRTI 6130 Topics in Neuro Rehabilitation
- NRTI 6159 Locomotor Training and Robotics
- NRTI 6160 Administrative Topics
- NRTI 6150 Age Appropriate Care/Health Promotion/Aging
- NRTI 6140 Advanced Topics in Neuro Rehabilitation
*Includes a 2-day onsite lab intensive
Diagnosis Specific Curriculum
- NRTI 6210 Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- NRTI 6110 Acquired Brain Injury
- NRTI 6120 Other Neurologic Disorders
Mentored Clinical Practice
- NRTI 7690 Mentored Clinical Practice
- NRTI 7170 Neurologic Virtual Rounds
- NRTI 7280 NCS Preparation Course