NeuroRTI’s Specialty Certification in Stroke Recovery is an 11-15 month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education designed to translate evidence into practice and provide PTs and OTs with the tools to provide best practice management in persons following stroke. This evidence-based curriculum will guide participants through the full spectrum of stroke rehabilitation, from neuroanatomy and pathology to examination and treatment, with the ultimate goal of facilitating recovery of function and improved reported quality of life.
An intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive hands-on courses. Complete course work when it is convenient for you.
NeuroRecovery Training Institute’s Specialty Certification in Stroke Recovery is designed to:
- Create a collaborative environment to integrate current evidence in stroke rehabilitation into therapist models of practice.
- Establish an evidence-based resource library to support therapists engaged in stroke rehabilitation.
- Examine and apply best practice standards in stroke rehabilitation for advancement of current post-stroke care.
- Identify, honor, respect and reinvigorate the therapist’s passion for working with stroke survivors.
- Develop strategies to promote advocacy and holistic care post stroke to empower therapists to assist patients to improve quality of life.
- EBP 6100 – Evidence-based Practice I
- NRSR 6110 – Clinically Applied Neuroanatomy and Pathology of Stroke
- NRSR 6130 – The Comprehensive Stroke Exam and Evaluation
- NRSR 6140 – Maximizing Stroke Recovery through Motor Learning and Neuroplasticity
- NRSR 6510WI – Translating Evidence into Practice – Recovery of Function following Stroke**
- 2018 Onsite Date/Location Coming Soon
- NRSR 6120 – Visual Dysfunction Following Stroke*
- NRSR 6150 – Vestibular Dysfunction and Treatment following Stroke*
- NRSR 6160 – Beyond Traditional Therapy*
- NRSR 7170 – Stroke Certification Virtual Rounds
- NRSR 7180 – Stroke Certification Capstone Exam
*Elective Courses: student must choose two
**Includes a 2-day onsite lab intensive
If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner. For more information please see the Accommodation Procedures for Disabled Participants page.