NeuroRTI’s Specialty Certification in Stroke Recovery is an 11-15 month program of post-professional clinical and didactic education designed to translate evidence into practice and provide PTs and OTs with the tools to provide best practice management in persons following stroke. This evidence-based curriculum will guide participants through the full spectrum of stroke rehabilitation, from neuroanatomy and pathology to examination and treatment, with the ultimate goal of facilitating recovery of function and improved reported quality of life.
An intensive combination of didactic, collaborative and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive hands-on courses. Complete course work when it is convenient for you.
NeuroRecovery Training Institute’s Specialty Certification in Stroke Recovery is designed to:
- Create a collaborative environment to integrate current evidence in stroke rehabilitation into therapist models of practice.
- Establish an evidence-based resource library to support therapists engaged in stroke rehabilitation.
- Examine and apply best practice standards in stroke rehabilitation for advancement of current post-stroke care.
- Identify, honor, respect and reinvigorate the therapist’s passion for working with stroke survivors.
- Develop strategies to promote advocacy and holistic care post stroke to empower therapists to assist patients to improve quality of life.
- EBP 6100 Evidence Based Practice
- NRSR 6110 Clinically Applied Neuroanatomy and Pathology of Stroke
- NRSR 6130 Maximizing Stroke Recovery through Motor Learning and Neuroplasticity
- NRSR 6120 The Comprehensive Stroke Examination and Evaluation
- NRSR 6510 Translating Evidence into Practice – Recovery of Function following Stroke**
- Onsite: March 25-26, 2017 at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute. Golden Valley, MN
- NRSR 6150 Vision Dysfunction and Treatment following Stroke*
- NRSR 6140 Vestibular Dysfunction Diagnosis and Management following Stroke*
- NRSR 6160 Beyond Traditional Therapy – Reintegration following Stroke*
- NRSR 7170 Virtual Rounds and Case Presentations
- NRSR 7180 Capstone Project/Exam
*Elective Courses: student must choose two
**Includes a 2-day onsite lab intensive