The NeuroRecovery Training Institute (NeuroRTI), created to assist in the continued education of neurologic physical therapists, is pleased to announce the much anticipated release of their Neurologic Certified Specialist (NCS) Exam Prep Course. NeuroRTI’s NCS Exam Prep Course is designed to give students the fundamental tools and information necessary to prepare them for NCS Exam. The prep course materials are delivered to students in an organized, structured approach; which will result in higher retention and a better test-day performance.
“The expectation of this course is to help skilled clinicians gain the additional evidence-based background knowledge to maximize their preparation for the NCS Exam. Students will be challenged through weekly lectures, condensed video PowerPoint presentations, multiple additional resources, and referenced quizzes and practice tests, ” says Dr. Craig Fox, PT, DPT, NCS, CSCS, NCS Prep Course creator. “After taking this course, students will be more prepared and confident to take this strenuous exam.”
The program is available exclusively online and can be accessed through NeuroRTI’s online classroom management system. The online prep course is available now, giving those students planning to take the NCS exam in March 2015 ample time to prepare.
Dr. Craig A. Fox, PT, DPT, NCS, CSCS is the NeuroRTI NCS Prep Course creator. Dr. Fox has been an APTA certified clinical instructor since 2010 and ABPTS certified in Neurologic Physical Therapy since 2011. His focus in neurologic rehabilitation includes the spinal cord injury population and the stroke population, as well as gait abnormalities associated with numerous neurologic conditions. Dr. Fox has lectured on both the SCI and stroke populations at the University of Florida and the University of Michigan. Dr. Fox has worked as a clinical mentor in the Neurologic Residency Programs for UF Health and NeuroRTI. Currently, Dr. Fox is a faculty member for NeuroRTI’s Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency Program, an Assistant Professor for South College’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, and a clinical researcher at Frazier Rehab Institute’s Neuro Collaborative Center.
The following are key features of NeuroRTI’s NCS Exam Prep Course:
- Extremely comprehensive, covering every aspect of the Description of Specialty Practice for Neurologic PT
- Online lectures in neurologic physical therapy that can be viewed when participants have time to study
- Self-paced study (course can be completed in eight weeks or spread over four months)
- Participants own the NCS Prep course materials
- Forum to interact with other “NCS-preppers”
- Weekly summaries of the most “need to know” information for the NCS Exam with sample questions
- Pre-course exam, quizzes and post-course exam with 100 NCS-style review questions
- Citations and full text are provided for all quiz and pre-course exam questions
- CEUs will be granted by NeuroRTI’s partner, the EIM Institute of Health Professions
For more information about NeuroRTI’s NCS Exam Prep Course and additional educational offerings please visit NeuroRTI.com.