The Certification in Neurologic Clinical Practice is an 11-13-month program of postprofessional clinical and didactic education designed to advance expertise in neurologic physical therapy.
The majority of the Certification in Neurologic Clinical Practice happens where you are. Coursework consists of a dynamic combination of didactic, collaborative, and clinical education experiences using a blend of distance learning, online courses, and weekend intensive on-site courses.
- Become highly skilled, autonomous practitioners who have substantially increased their ability to provide care to a full spectrum of patients with neurological injuries or conditions.
- Enhance your critical thinking and improve decision-making and outcomes of care.
- Begin preparation for the Neurologic Certified Specialist exam.
- Have the opportunity to apply your Certification credit hours towards the Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency.
- Motor Learning/Motor Control
- Neuroanatomy: Brain and Cranial Structures
- Neuroanatomy: SCI and Peripheral Structures
- Differential Diagnosis
- Management of Acquired Brain Injury
- Management of Spinal Cord Injury
- Management of Other Neurological Diagnoses
- Applied Neuro Rehab: Manual Therapy*
- Applied Neuro Rehab: Electrical Stimulation and Assistive Technology*
- Applied Neuro Rehab: Motor Learning and Gait Analysis*
- Neuro Capstone
*Weekend Intensives (2-day, hands-on lab courses): locations and dates will be announced in late spring